Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Fluids Business Unit (FBU) is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join ANSYS Fluent development team. This engineer will work with the Research and Development team that creates state of the art software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis. The successful candidate will participate in the research, design, and development of the computer graphics and scientific visualization capabilities for ANSYS Fluent software.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of efficient and scalable algorithms for graphical rendering and post processing
- Participate in the entire development process including specification, planning, scheduling, development, testing
- Understand and follow best software practices through design and code review, testing and validation
- Keep abreast of cutting-edge technology in scientific visualization and computer graphics areas
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computational Science, or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial software development (in at least one of the following areas)
- Computer Graphics
- Scientific Visualization
- Solid, demonstrable programming skills in at least one programming language (preferably C/C++)
- Strong background in data structures, algorithms and debugging
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn, take initiative and work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to mentor and guide junior staff
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- An advanced degree in engineering or computational science is a plus
- Experience developing and debugging user interface code (e.g. Qt) on Windows and/or Linux
- Experience with HOOPS 3d rendering engine is a plus
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.