An opportunity for an experienced Antenna Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK, providing expert technical support on antenna testing activities within the TEC-EFA – Antennae & Sub-mm Waves Section.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Antenna Test campaigns within the ESTEC Antenna Measurement Laboratory, including test definition, test execution and delivery of data/test report to the customer
- Perform testing activities in Spherical, Planar, Cylindrical Near Field, Compact Range and Material RF Characterisation facilities, including test plans and test setup preparation, operation of the test ranges and analysis of test results
- Perform research testing activities that challenge the current state-of-the-art in space antenna measurements, aiming at enabling new testing capability and fulfil the needs of future ESA space missions in all space applications (Earth Observation, Navigation, Science, Telecommunications, Human Space Flight and Space Transportation)
- Antenna Laboratory Procedures, Manuals and ISO9001 processes and the corresponding Antenna Laboratory housekeeping and inventory of instrumentation;
- Support to the design of test jigs, adapters and auxiliary fixtures, required in the testing of both ground and space antennas;
- Support in the testing of control and processing software for antenna and RF material.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of MSc or equivalent in relevant field of study
- General background in antenna technologies and experience in antenna testing (preferably in the space domain)
- Good working knowledge of Near and Far field antenna testing systems
- Capability for performing activities related to all aspects of testing and integration of antenna systems in an autonomous way
- Experience with handling of space hardware is considered an asset
- Good working knowledge on antenna systems and design approaches
- Good working knowledge on latest antenna design and modelling software tools
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proactive attitude to problem solving
- Positive, “can-do” approach
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is Friday 31st May 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.