The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For our biggest client, ESA/ESTEC, we are currently recruiting an Antenna Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Antennae Sub-Millimetre Waves Section.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Supporting the Test campaigns within the ESTEC Antenna Laboratory, including Antenna Laboratory Maintenance, Equipment Calibration activities test definition, cost estimation, test execution and delivery of data/test report to the customer;
- Perform testing activities in Spherical, Planar, Cylindrical Near Field, Compact Range and Material RF Characterisation facilities, including test plans and test setup preparation, operation of the test ranges and analysis of test results;
- Perform research testing activities that challenge the current state-of-the-art in space antenna measurements, aiming at enabling new testing capability and fulfil the needs of future ESA space missions in all space applications (Earth Observation, Navigation, Science, Telecommunications, Human Space Flight and Space Transportation);
- Antenna Laboratory Procedures, Manuals and ISO9001 processes and the corresponding Antenna Laboratory housekeeping and inventory of instrumentation;
- Support to the design of test jigs, adapters and auxiliary fixtures, required in the testing of both ground and space antennas;
- Support in the testing of control and processing software for antenna and RF material.
- PhD or Master Degree in Engineering from a recognised institution of secondary studies or equivalent;
- Knowledge of antenna technologies and experience in antenna testing in the space domain;
- Knowledge of Near and Far field antenna testing systems;
- Capability for performing activities related to all aspects of testing and integration of antenna systems in an autonomous way;
- Experience with handling of space hardware is considered an asset;
- Good working knowledge on antenna systems and design approaches;
- Proactive attitude to solving problems;
- Good organisational skills.
What Do We Offer
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.