ALTRAN is the global leader in Engineering and R&D services. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. Altran is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC.
The candidate we are looking for will operate as Antenna Engineer in the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality area, under the TEC-EFA – Antennae & Sub-mm Waves Section. His/Her duty station will be the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Main duties will include:
- Supporting the Test campaigns within the ESTEC Antenna Laboratory, including Antenna Laboratory Maintenance, Equipment Calibration activities test definition, cost estimation, test execution and delivery of data/test report to the customer;
- Perform testing activities in Spherical, Planar, Cylindrical Near Field, Compact Range and Material RF Characterisation facilities, including test plans and test setup preparation, operation of the test ranges and analysis of test results;
- Perform research testing activities that challenge the current state-of-the-art in space antenna measurements, aiming at enabling new testing capability and fulfil the needs of future ESA space missions in all space applications (Earth Observation, Navigation, Science, Telecommunications, Human Space Flight and Space Transportation);
- Antenna Laboratory Procedures, Manuals and ISO9001 processes and the corresponding Antenna Laboratory housekeeping and inventory of instrumentation;
- Support to the design of test jigs, adapters and auxiliary fixtures, required in the testing of both ground and space antennas;
- Support in the testing of control and processing software for antenna and RF material
Specific Qualification Requirements:
- Knowledge of antenna technologies and experience in antenna testing in the space domain;
- Knowledge of Near and Far field antenna testing systems;
- Capability for performing activities related to all aspects of testing and integration of antenna systems in an autonomous way;
- Experience with handling of space hardware is considered an asset;
- Good working knowledge on antenna systems and design approaches;
- Proactive attitude to solving problems;
- Good organisational skills.
- The selected candidate will receive a permanent contract with Altran Netherlands and a fair remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days’ holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are included.