Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies – We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Antenna Engineer based at ESTEC.
The successful post holder will concentrate his/her activities on the following:
- Preparing and monitoring Research and Development activities in the field of Antennas. A diverse range of tasks will have to be carried out by the contractor within the above activity domain, encompassing hardware, software and system aspects.
- Provide antenna technical support to ESA projects. This includes “in-house” design and trade-off studies to support both developments and reviews. Tasks will require the analysis and design of reflector antennas and arrays and the calculation of the interference effects between antennas and the spacecraft structure.
- Additionally, the successful post holder will have the following tasks:
- Supporting the Test campaigns within the ESTEC Antenna Laboratory, including Antenna Laboratory Maintenance, Equipment Calibration, activities test definition, cost estimation, test execution and delivery of data/test report to the customer;
- Perform testing activities in Spherical, Planar, Cylindrical Near Field, Compact Range and Material RF Characterisation facilities, including test plans and test setup preparation, operation of the test ranges and analysis of test results;
- Perform research testing activities that challenge the current state-of-the-art in space antenna measurements, aiming at enabling new capability and fulfil the needs of future ESA space missions in all space applications (Earth Observation, Navigation, Science, Telecommunications, Human Space Flight and Space Transportation);
- Antenna Laboratory Procedures, Manuals and ISO9001 processes and the corresponding Antenna Laboratory housekeeping and inventory of instrumentation;
- Support to the design of test jigs, adapters and auxiliary fixtures, required in the testing of both ground and space antennas;
- Support in the testing of control and processing software for antenna and RF material.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring a PhD or MSc in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related specialisation, as well as experience in these fields, and minimum 4 years of experience in the tasks similar to the ones described above.
Additionally, the key person requires:
- Knowledge of antenna technologies and experience in antenna testing in the space domain;
- Knowledge of Near and Far field antenna testing systems;
- Capability for performing activities related to all aspects of testing and integration of antenna systems in an autonomous way;
- Experience with handling of space hardware is considered an asset;
- Good working knowledge on antenna systems and design approaches;
- Proactive attitude to solving problems;
- Good organisational skills.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
- Excellent Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies