The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defence, non-defence and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aero-structures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
Terma Space operates out of Denmark, The Netherlands, France, Germany, the UK and France.
ANTENNA ENGINEER (TT&C AND PDT) – ESTEC, REF NO: 19-70207
For our customer, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are seeking an experienced Antenna Engineer to work at ESA’s ESTEC site in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
You will be assigned to ESA/ESTEC’s Antennae & Sub-mm Waves Section within the Directorate of Technical and Quality Management (D/TEC).
Within the section activities cover two main areas:
- Preparing and monitoring Research and Development activities in the field of Antennas. A diverse range of tasks are carried out within the Antenna and Sub-Millimetre wave engineering domain, encompassing hardware, software and system aspects.
- Provide antenna technical support to ESA projects. This includes “in-house” design and trade-off studies to support both developments and reviews. Tasks will require the analysis and design of reflector antennas and arrays and the calculation of the interference effects between antennas and the spacecraft structure.
The specific tasks you will be required to perform are:
- Providing expert technical support to ESA projects, programmes and general studies throughout all project phases, specifically in the field of Telemetry, Tracking, and Control (TT&C) and Payload Data Transmission (PDT) antennas;
- Participating in project reviews and performing “in-house” design and trade-offs to support project-specific technology developments;
- Defining, initiating and monitoring R&D activities covering both long- and short-term needs, specifically in the field of TT&C and PDT antennas;
- Monitoring applicable scientific and technological trends and maintaining state-of-the-art expertise in TT&C and PDT antennas.
- This is a full-time position located at ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The requested start of work is July 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Qualifications & Competencies
The successful candidate shall have:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline.
- At least 4 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Knowledge of antenna technologies and experience in TT&C and PDT antennas, architectures and technologies as applied to space;
- Knowledge of antenna Space-specific constraints at RF, mechanical, thermal and environmental levels gained from the handling of spacecraft Flight Model development or R&D development at high TRL level.
- Knowledge of antenna industrial manufacturing, testing processes, architecture and technologies.
- Expertise in using antenna modelling tools (GRASP8, POS4, CHAMP, HFSS).
- Proactive attitude to solving problems;
- Good organisational skills.
What can Terma Offer?
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Support on re-location (if applicable)
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
Closing date: June 19th 2019
Please note the following Legal & Security requirements:
- Applicants must hold all appropriate permits to work in the EU.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their ID/passport and degree/higher education certificate. Terma will validate the certificate with the issuing authority.
- A Certificate of Good Conduct or equivalent will be applied for at commencement of employment.
This Privacy Notice covers any personal data you submit to Terma for the recruiting process, including e.g.:
- Your name, contact details and application status
- Information included in your CV or cover letter, such as job history, academic background, skills and competencies, personal interests, languages spoken, and your photo
- Job preferences and type of employment sought
- Names and contact details for references