The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For our biggest client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for an Antenna Sub-Millimetre Waves Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Antennae Sub-mm Waves Section.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Providing expert technical support to ESA projects, programmes and general studies throughout all project phases, specifically in the field of TTC and PDT antennas;
- Participating in project reviews and performing in-house design and trade-offs to support project-specific technology developments;
- Defining, initiating and monitoring RD activities covering both long- and short-term needs, specifically in the field of TTC and PDT antennas;
- Monitoring applicable scientific and technological trends and maintaining state-of-the-art expertise in TTC and PDT antennas;
- Preparing and monitoring Research and Development activities in the field of Antennas. A diverse range of tasks will have to be carried out by the contractor within the above activity domain, encompassing hardware, software and system aspects;
- Provide antenna technical support to ESA projects. This includes in-house design and tradeoff studies to support both developments and reviews. Tasks will require the analysis and design of reflector antennas and arrays and the calculation of the interference effects between antennas and the spacecraft structure.
- PhD or MSc in Engineering from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent with a minimum of 4 years of experience;
- Experience in TTC and PDT antennas, architectures and technologies as applied to space;
- Industrial experience is a major asset;
- Knowledge of antenna Space constraints at RF, mechanical, thermal and environmental levels gained from the handling of Flight Model development or RD development at high TRL level;
- Knowledge of antenna industrial manufacturing, testing processes, architecture and technologies;
- Expertise in using antenna modelling tools (GRASP8, POS4, CHAMP, HFSS).
What Do We Offer
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.