The vision of Antwerp Space is being the European leader in the field of RF systems and satellite communications. Antwerp Space's mission is to become our customer's reference in satellite communication systems. We will foster our presence in the commercial market of ground station products. And we will further develop as an integrator, starting from our ground systems expertise.
As a member of the system engineering team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and verifying various algorithmic components of wireless baseband systems, used in satellites and other spacecraft.
- Simulate state-of-the art physical layer wireless baseband systems in a Python/C/C++/Matlab environment
- Assist with higher level system engineering tasks like link budget calculation and RF subsystem specification
- Derive from requirements an overall architecture which satisfies these requirements
- Design algorithms, improve their performance and identify issues
- Provide input to digital designers (hardware, FPGA and software) to realize these algorithms with efficient implementations
- Implement code in Matlab, Python, C and/or C++
- Develop test plans and work with test engineers to implement these, analyze results to identify and debug issues
Job experience and competences
This job is open for newly-graduated candidates as well as experienced professionals.
- PhD or Master Degree in electronics, mathematics, physics or adjacent field
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Exposure to digital signal processing
- Exposure to computer based simulation
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong programming skills in Python, C, C++ and/or MATLAB
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Following qualifications would be preferred for experienced candidates:
- Design and Development experience, hands-on debug skills, ability to efficiently use lab equipment (such as spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, etc.).
- Deep understanding of communication theory and signal processing related algorithms (such as timing recovery, signal estimation and detection, automatic gain control, RF impairment estimation and correction, channel estimation, equalization, etc.)