ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career.
The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for an AOCS Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their AOCS Pointing Systems Section.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- AOCS architecture, AOCS Design and Tuning, AOCS Validation and Verification, AOCS HW procurement, AOCS Support to Spacecraft OperationsDefinition and implementation of AOCS (Attitude and Orbit Control Systems) for Earth Observation, Telecom, Navigation satellites and for Astronomy Observatories;
- The functional support provided to these projects (e.g. Sentinel, Earth Care, MTG, Alphasat, Small GEO, Galileo, GAIA, Solar Orbiter, ) includes:;
Participation to project reviews (SRR, PDR CDR,);
- AOCS design, analyses and simulations (control loops design and modelling, FDIR, independent simulator set-up, functional verification and performance budgets);
- Review of AOCS SW implementation;
- Sensors and actuators selection and procurement support;
- AIV/AIT support (test benches, review of test plans and test results);
- Operations support (review of Operations Manual, rehearsal and LEOP);
- Support to in-orbit analysis;
- Conception, initialisation and supervision of corresponding enabling AOCS technology R/D:;
- High Accuracy Pointing, Generic AOCS Architecture Building Blocks, Innovative AOCS FDIR Solutions including prototyping and tools development;
Sensors and inertial actuators technology development: APS, Star Trackers, sun sensors, Earth sensors, magnetometers, gyros, accelerometers, magneto-torquers, reaction wheels, CMGs;
- Development and utilisation of the Control Hardware Laboratory (e.g. sensor characterisation and testing;
- Maintenance, development and set-up of AOCS simulation tools;
- Participation to the elaboration and promotion of ECSS standards in the E60 domain.
- PHD or Masters Degree in Control and Aerospace Engineering;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in AOCS engineering in European industry or institutional entity, background experience in AOCS Design, Validation and Testing as well as AOCS HW procurement;
- Exposure to full cycle of AOCS development from Phase A to Phase E is an asset;
- Proven experience in the design, tuning, analysis and simulation of AOCS systems in different project phases;
- HW knowledge (sensors, computer, actuators);
- AOCS AIT at subsystem and system level;
- Proven knowledge of commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB);
- Ability to interface with industry.
What do we offer
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.