Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers.
Apogee Engineering is seeking an Angular Software Engineer in Lakewood, CO. This effort supports the design, development, enhancement, and modernization of applications for the Integrated Taxonomic Information System (IT IS) in the BioScience branch at United States Geological Survey (USGS).
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference for both staff and clients alike. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the creation of new or modified functionality, re-engineering or enhancement of an existing system, or the development of new components or new applications.
- Maintain application compatibility with open source, Java-based applications required for integration with systems external to USGS.
- Perform monthly extraction, transform, and load (ETL) processes that feed data into ITIS. Maintain data integrity based on authoritative indexes and references in close collaboration with Product Owners.
- Provide corrective maintenance services, including application bug fixes, correcting business rules that contain bad logic, eliminating vulnerabilities identified by scans, and assistance in completion of scheduled Enterprise Architecture (EA) and infrastructure or software upgrades as identified by operations staff.
- Serve as a liaison between Product Owners and operations staff for troubleshooting problems.
- Write automated unit tests and use industry standard testing tools and debuggers so that applications remain at a known state of quality.
- Develop automated web applications for web interface testing purposes.
- Perform system performance load and stress testing to ensure solutions scale to meet user demand
- Implement and adhere to a NIST/DOI/USGS/SSAR approved application and operations methodology and conform to DOI/USGS/SSAR security policies and practices
- Utilize Jira for ticket tracking and co-create and manage tickets in collaboration with Product Owners.
What you will need to have:
- Possess a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Science, Mathematics, Engineering or similar field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant development experience
- Experience developing Java EE applications
- Experience in relational databases
- Additional specific skills required include, but are not limited to, Java, Spring, Maven, Ant, JQuery, SQL Server, MySQL, Solr/Lucene, XML, AngularJS, Typescript, Hibernate with JPA, REST API, Git, Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo, Apache Tomcat, NGINX Web server, Jasmine, Junit, and Node Package Manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)