Apogee, an award-winning small business contractor within the federal market, is focused on improving the speed of capability to the warfighter, affordability of systems, streamlining requirements, employing innovation for future threats, increasing competition and fielding, and sustaining capabilities to Special Operations Forces.
Apogee is seeking a Senior STK Developer to work on Peterson AFB, CO. This position will provide software modification and applications integration required to execute diverse modeling, simulation, and analysis (MS&A) using the Analytical Visualization Tool (AVT) and related external components. AVT is a customized Systems Tool Kit (STK) software environment which supports high-fidelity sensor architecture modeling and air, missile, and maritime intercept analysis. AVT software currently supports radar and sensor modeling, radar obstruction evaluations, sensor creation and scheduling, sensor architecture analyses, as well as aircraft flight modeling and air-to -air aircraft intercepts.
What you’ll be doing
- In STK Developer’s Library, VB.Net, Python, Java, and C variants, develop and modify existing pre and post-processing tools which interface with other models used in J8.
- Maintain, update, enhance, and provide in-application user help functionality for the following core capabilities currently existing in AVT:
- NORAD Fighter Intercept Boundary functionality
- High Frequency Radar (HFRAD) Over-the-Horizon Radar integration and display functionality
- AVT-enabled radar/sensor creation and application tasks
- Missile Mapping Toolkit
- Built-in tools and user-interfaces for supporting Extended Air Defense Simulation (EADSIM) and Advanced Framework for Simulation
- Integration and Modeling (AFSIM) pre-and post-processing tasks
- Other capabilities as needed
- Update existing user-interfaces, integrating AVT with externally-developed STK products and plug-ins, and the integration of input/output data and files from the following list of M&S tools currently used by N&NC/J8
- Enhance or replace the existing SQL database with a data repository that supports consistent retrieval of trusted data within AVT-developed scenarios for such M&S data as: radar locations and parameters, NORAD Blue Force assets to include fighters, tankers, airborne early warning, air and ground-based interceptors, and additional data elements as required.
- Run the AVT model in support of the overall modeling and simulation efforts supporting the N&NC/J8 analytical agenda.
- Prepare and provide data output, reports and briefing products as agreed upon by the Government and the Contractor.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required
- TS/SCI clearance is required
- AGI STK certifications strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of software development and MS&A experience required, 10 years preferred
- Experience with STK Developer’s Library, VB.Net, Python, Java, and C variants
- Experience in project planning, report and summary briefing generation is required
- Experience working with in the defense industry in government and classified facilities is required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)