Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time
Apogee Engineering is looking for a Systems Security Engineer (SSE), to provide Anti-Tamper, and Cyber Security/Assessment and Authorization (A&A) engineering support to the AFLCMC/ISR SOF Directorate. The SSE will provide engineering support and assistance with technical direction specific to the V-22 in the areas of : requirements generation, systems design and integration, SSE and cyber assessments, Program Management Reviews, Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings, development, modification, test, production, sustainment, deployment, operations, and divestiture, as required
Why Work with us
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist with providing technical expertise and draft documentation required by all policies and decision levels for development, integration, implementation, and sustainment of systems’ SSE, Anti-Tamper compliance and Cyber Security (CS)/Assessment and Authorization (A&A) through the appropriate Authorization Authority (AO).
- Support CS audits and required testing events. The Contractor shall lead/support Cyber Risk Assessment and Cybersafe activities.
- Working knowledge of threat assessment process, embedded computer systems, software applications, and networking systems and/or system security engineering criteria for aviation related (including ground systems and flightworthy) products.
- Assist in acquiring and maintaining program accounts for Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) and Information Technology Investment Portfolio Suite (ITIPS), as needed.
- Provide technical expertise of A&A cyber engineering in support of the following System Security Engineering tasks: Critical Program Information (CPI)/Critical Technologies (CT) identification; in coordination with the Intel community perform threat and vulnerability analysis; risk analysis, recommendation, and management; cost analysis; participation in program engineering milestone reviews; Risk Management Framework (RMF) and/or Platform Information Technology (PIT) process implementation; System Security Plan (SSP) development; participation in a program’s System Security (Certification and Accreditation, delete) Working Group (SSWG); development/coordination of presentations, Interim Authority to Test (IATT) and Authority to Operate (ATO), and Authority to Connect (ATC) packages with program office personnel, Security Controls Assessor (SCA), AO, Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Command (AFOTEC) and operational command personnel.
- Assist in reviewing/developing/updating applicable program documentation for cyber and security relevant requirements/issues. Documentation includes, but is not limited to: Anti Tamper Plans, System Specification, Information Support Plan (ISP), PPP, Cybersecurity Strategy (CSS), RMF artifacts (i.e. Architecture Analysis Report, System Security Plan (SSP), Security Assessment Report, Risk Analysis Report, and Risk Briefing) Initial Capabilities Document (ICD), Operational Requirements Document (ORD)/ CDD, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Continuous Monitoring Plan (CMP), Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), Operating Conditions and Security Classification Guide (SCG).
What you’ll need:
- Possess one of the following education and experience combinations:
- Master’s degree with 12 years of experience, including 5 supporting the DoD
- Bachelor’s Degree with 15 years of experience, including 5 supporting the DoD
- 20 years of experience, including 8 supporting the DoD
- Possess a current Secret security clearance
- Possess DoD Directive 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level III (such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) on Day One
- Possess working knowledge of DoD RMF policies, processes, and tools with understanding of Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) implementation
- Possess knowledge of systems engineering principles, network architecture analysis, verification and validation of requirements, and understanding the risk management process and understanding of the operational context of weapon systems employment is critical.
- Capability to support accelerated timelines needed for special operations and quick reaction requirements
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)