Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers.
Apogee is seeking an SCN Data Analyst to provide Satellite Control Network (SCN) ground-space link and ground antenna network loading and metrics analyses. Analysis results are used to support operational and strategic decisions for management of United States Space Force (USSF) SCN ground systems. This position is primarily at Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado with project and customer meetings at Apogee Corporate Headquarters in Colorado Springs.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing metrics data reporting and analysis of current and future satellite communication (SATCOM) ground network, users, and space-based systems (using historical, current, and future ground network and space communications requirements) to support management of ground system elements
- Providing loading and predictive data reporting and analysis of current and future AFSCN ground network, users, and space-based systems (using historical, current, and future ground network and space communications requirements) to support management of ground system elements
- Working with team as well as working independently to perform data collection, analysis of patterns/trends/outliers, ground network modeling, and interpretation of data
- Conducting studies and analysis, and preparing technical reports to support current satellite operations and long-term capability development
- Providing assessments of proposed strategic, operational, and tactical changes to AFSCN user needs, and policies, directives and regulations for impacts to AFSCN users and AFSCN operations
- Providing analysis and validation of historical data tools and reports
- Providing analysis and validation of modeling and simulation tools and reports
- Preparing and communicating study results to team, SCN managers and users
What you will need to have:
- 5+ years of experience with Air Force SCN or similar ground-space networks (preferred)
- Bachelor of Science (Aerospace, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent)
- Secret Clearance (preferred), or eligible
- A minimum of intermediate proficiency with the MS Office suite of tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (required)
- Strong written and verbal communication, time management, data analysis, and detail-oriented skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)