Delivering Innovative and Relevant Solutions
Apogee is seeking a Cloud Engineer, System Operations for the Army’s Analytic Group (AAG) located in Fairfield, CA.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, intel, training, technical services, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference for our customers and our people. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled us into the ranks of an elite small business company. Apogee is known for an unwavering dedication to our client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to provide the right solution at the right time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Works to complete the standard cloud services tasks within the AWS environment as a platform as a service, that includes the creation of the VPCs, management of networking, reviewing requests for access, and troubleshooting for enterprise services integration.
- Designs and defines DoD, DISA and Army compliant system architectures for new or existing computer systems for a data center and cloud environment to manage the VDSS stack per Secure
- Cloud Computing Architecture requirements.
- Maintain images for enterprise deployment and use by developing release notes on a monthly basis for core supported images.
- Designs and implements enclave connections between customer locations.
- Provides professional services support for customers migrating to a government cloud environment (AWS GovCloud, milCloud(r) 2.0, Azure, etc.)
- Collaborates across internal teams and works with customers to assess and evaluate DISA compliant cloud migration configurations, best practices, and recommended technical approaches.
- Write technical documentation and user cloud-based knowledge to run projects within the cloud build out services.
What you’ll need to have:
- Security Clearance Required: Secret
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in a DoD/DISA compliant physical data center and cloud environment.
- Knowledge of the DISA ATO/RMF process
- Programing/Scripting Language Experience and knowledge of checking your code into AWS Pipeline or equivalent
- IAT II (CompTIA Security+ or Higher Certification)
- AWS Certification
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves. Regular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace