Delivering Innovative and Relevant Solutions
Apogee Engineering is seeking a Sr. Mission Trainer supporting the 460 OSS at Buckley SFB, CO. This position will support the development, research and advance training (AT) course development in support of Ready Spacecrew Program (RSP) and Space Mission Force (SMF) constructs. You will build on existing courseware to train space forces to better operate in the contested, degraded and operationally-limited environment to augment existing mission-unique training.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, intel, training, technical services, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference for our customers and our people. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled us into the ranks of an elite small business company. Apogee is known for an unwavering dedication to our client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to provide the right solution at the right time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop course materials to include inputs from DoD total force exercises, intelligence support, training against red forces, integrated with external units such as the CSpOC, NSDC, and USAFWC; and provide advanced academics to enhance space operators’ knowledge of their weapon system and the warfighting context in which it is operated
- Support assigned unit/Delta personnel in modifying existing course materials, develop new course materials, and maintain RSP AT course materials.
- Produce, update, review, and revise courseware materials and develop lesson plans IAW AFSPCI 10-260, AFI 13-601 Vol 1-3, and other guidance as applicable. Implement changes to courseware given changes in the contested, degraded, and operationally-limited environments including current and potential threat courseware development support as part of the RSP course syllabus.
- Implement changes to courseware given changes in the contested, degraded, and operationally-limited environments including current and potential threat courseware development support as part of the RSP course syllabus
- Track and input course development to support weapons and tactics programs
Support Government instructor staff with information to support development of course materials via PowerPoint, Word, and CBT courseware
- Support assigned unit in development of lesson slides, study guides, lesson plans, lesson surveys, and tests based off resources provided by the Government
- Conduct curriculum reviews, bi-annual review meetings and courseware review meetings.
- Attend scheduled conferences and associated briefings and meetings
What you’ll need to have:
- Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or mathematics-related field from ABET-accredited university with 5+ years of operational experience within supported unit (i.e. SBIRS, PAVE PAWS, BMEWS, and others)
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves. Regular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.
Salary Range: $72,863- $109,295 (additional compensation may be considered for TSSCI clearance)