Delivering Innovative and Relevant Solutions
Apogee is actively seeking a Satellite Crew Chief (Trainer) to support the 527th Space Aggressor Squadron (SAS) at Schriever SFB, CO.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, intel, training, technical services, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference for our customers and our people. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled us into the ranks of an elite small business company. Apogee is known for an unwavering dedication to our client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to provide the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Teach and convey impact of interference on Satellite systems in a multitude of operating environments
- Support development and maintenance of Aggressor education, training, and certification programs including Initial Qualification Training (IQT), Mission Qualification Training (MQT), and SME certification for GPS, SATCOM and Adversary SATCOM Networks.
- Instruct courses including IQT and MQT for GPS and SATCOM mission areas
- Review courseware annually and provide recommendations to update or revise
- Apply GPS systems knowledge and operations in a multitude of operating and contested environments
- Support exercises and training events as needed
- Apply Satellite systems knowledge and terminal maintenance
What you will need:
- Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of SATCOM technical and operational experience or
- 9+ years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Past/Present (or able to become a) Certified Crew Chief
- Experience in operating SATCOM terminals and GPS receivers in a contested environment
- Experience with Instructional System Development (ISD)
- Some travel required
Benefits & Compensation:
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves. Regular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.
- Salary Range: $63,000 to $95,000