Apogee is an exceptionally-rated provider of Engineering & Science, IT, Software Solutions, Mission Support, Management Services, and Cyber Security across multiple Defense and Civilian customers.
Apogee is actively seeking a full-time Systems Engineer to be located at Peterson SFB in Colorado Springs, CO. The technical expert filling this position will be a trusted advisor and consultant to the government that supports government-led on-going and future sustainment, modification, and capability upgrade efforts across the NCMC-ITW/AA and Legacy Space C2 systems.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, intel, training, technical services, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference for our customers and our people. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled us into the ranks of an elite small business company. Apogee is known for an unwavering dedication to our client’s success, a warm and employee-centric work environment, and an enthusiasm to provide the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- A key focus for this position is the planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, implementation, and integration of networks supporting these systems.
- Support the Space Deconfliction + (DECON +) project within the Space CAMP via modernized processes (Test Driven Development (TDD), Extreme Programming (XP), User Centered Design (UCD), etc.).
- Serve as the Product Owner for the Legacy Space DECON + project. As the Product Owner you will be responsible for developing & prioritizing the product related backlog; works to deliver Stories, and ensure the execution of team sprints. Oversees the team backlog & grooming activities; ensures that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, while maintaining what the Scrum Team will work on next; Optimizes the value of the work for the Development Team performance; maintain the order of items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals and missions.
- Provide technical expertise and systems engineering skills, including systems requirements definition and decomposition, top-level systems design, test design, and test coverage analysis.
- Represent the Government’s interests by performing Agile Product Owner roles and responsibilities.
- Provide analysis support services of technical baseline documentation, including, but not limited to, Concepts of Operation (CONOPs), Algorithm Description Documents, System/Subsystem Design Descriptions, Software Design Documents, Interface Control Documents, Software Version Descriptions, Software Installation Plans, System Requirements Review packages, Preliminary and Critical Design Review packages, Test Readiness Review packages, Test Plans and Test Procedures and FCA/PCAs.
- Provide system/program engineering, technical support, and technical training to support programs/initiatives, including but not limited to: acquisition, development, integration, sustainment, continued evolution, deployment/fielding and installation, and operations oversight.
- Provide engineering support to conduct formal trade studies based on engineering performance, effectiveness, cost effectiveness, cost performance, life cycle cost, feasibility, capability, reliability, maintainability, risk, and schedule.
- Provide technical recommendation support services, including reviews, studies, audits, evaluations and analyses, scientific and procedural guidance, documentation, technical analysis, and support of associated engineering IPTs.
- Provide proposal analysis support services that compare and quantify proposed systems, components, approaches for technical feasibility, compatibility, and cost effectiveness.
- Perform program reviews to evaluate alternative proposed plans, systems engineering programs, design, and test results to assure that subsystem and system performance is achieved in accordance with program specifications
- Prepare technical documents that define, specify, and recommend system/subsystem characteristics. Prepare management reports and conduct technical presentations for planning, implementation and corrective action using the application of engineering economy principles.
- Conduct reviews on the program portfolio to evaluate and/or recommend alternative plans, improve systems engineering programs/processes, manage/sustain program technical baseline, and design/perform system-level tests to assure that subsystems and system performance are achieved in accordance with approved specifications.
- Review and analyze system concepts and user requirements that have been approved and entered into a system requirements baseline (functional, allocated, and product).
- Provide concepts and requirements analyses support services, but not limited to, reviewing and analyzing: Initial Capabilities Documents (ICDs), Capability Development Documents (CDDs), Capability Production Documents (CPDs), Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Military Utility Assessments (MUAs), and Technology Development Strategies.
What you will need:
- Security Clearance Required: Must possess an active DoD Secret clearance and be eligible to obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of relevant experience, 5 years of which must be in the DoD; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience providing technical planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, implementation, and integration
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to apply systems engineering standards, procedures and practices
- Ability to oversee and guide the efforts of junior and mid-level engineers
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot various situations to develop successful outcomes within established program/project guidelines
- Experience with Agile methodology for development and sustainment of software systems.
- Understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle
- Ability to interact professionally with DoD end users, DoD customer, and contractor support personnel. This includes the ability to prepare and present briefings to these personnel.
- Travel may be required (approx. 10-20%)
Compensation & Benefits:
- The pay range for this position is $100,000 to $150,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Apogee’s careers site.
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves. Regular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)