Delivering Innovative and Relevant Solutions
Apogee is seeking a Senior Software Engineer located at MacDill AFB, FL in support of Special Operations Forces Acquisition, Technology and Logistics’ (SOF AT&L) Program Executive Office for SOF Digital Applications SDA. PEO-SDA’s vision is to provide USSOCOM a “one-stop shop” for SOF software-intensive digital applications. SDA’s sole purpose is to ensure SOF Warfighters receive point-of-need knowledge innovation and the software support to remain the premier information dominance force anywhere, anytime.
Why work with us?
- Apogee Engineering, LLC is a provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, intel, training, technical services, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers.
- Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference for our customers and our people.
- Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled us into the ranks of an elite small business company.
- Apogee is known for an unwavering dedication to our client’s success, a warm and employee-centric work environment, and an enthusiasm to provide the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Serve as the Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Product Owner for Enterprise All-Source Information Fusion (ENT-ASIF) under the Program Manager (PM) for Mission Support Systems (MSS).
- Coordinate and support scrum teams as the Product Owner; facilitate decision-making among stakeholders; participate in requirements development process in support of Senior Managers and Government counterparts.
- Coordinate engagements with the DCGS Product Owners Group, including all administrative aspects (invitations, meeting rooms, minutes, VTCs, etc.) as well as guide the agenda/meetings so that upcoming work is prioritized, product backlog is groomed, and any clarifications on current issues are addressed.
- Participate in the team’s iteration planning meetings; work with the Scrum Master to groom the team backlog and participate in required iteration demonstrations.
- Work with other DCGS product owner(s) to identify and mitigate cross-team dependencies; work with the Product Manager to assist in the creation and validation of acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Coordinate with the Chief Engineer and System Architect to verify that solutions align with approved system architecture goals.
- Develop elements of program acquisition strategies; collect and analyze metrics and requirements from supported organizations; support/conduct portions of market research; support cost/benefit analysis.
- Keep program information current and organize data to submit to management for decision making.
- Prepare reports and briefings on program status, policies and procedures, in support of acquisition program milestones.
- Research ways to eliminate program bottlenecks and barriers to production; support government counterparts in development of solutions to program issues.
- Oversee the allocation of resources based on program requirements; analyze effectiveness and efficiency of program; develop recommendations to improve program operations.
- Answer data calls and inquiries on program policies and procedures, monitor programs to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, manage program cost, schedule, performance, and risks in accordance with policies and procedures; formulate proposed mitigations as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- Security clearance required: TS/SCI
- DAWIA Level II Equivalency
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems Administration, Computer Network Administration, or related technical field.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical field is preferred, but not required.
- 10 -12 years DoD acquisition experience.
- 10 -12 years DoD experience in any of the following areas:
- Military Communications
- Signals Intelligence
- Information Technology
- ISR Operations
- Sensitive Site Exploitation
- Data management
- Specific experience with Special Operations Forces Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics concepts of operation; support to HQ USSOCOM Intelligence Systems experience is highly desired.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols for Software Development, User Interface, Software Assurance, Cybersecurity, and Risk Management Framework.
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence (AI) concepts.
- Working knowledge of the Defense Acquisition System and the Defense Acquisition Framework, as well as USSOCOM acquisition policies, processes, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) roles and responsibilities for both commercial and DoD applications.
- Working knowledge of project management/scheduling software such as MS Project and the Atlassian suite of tools.
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves. Regular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace