Delivering Innovative and Relevant Solutions
Apogee is seeking a Quality Engineer (Senior) to work in support of the Secretary of the Air Force Concepts, Development, and Management Office (SAF/CDMO) at Joint Base Andrews, MD.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, intel, training, technical services, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference for our customers and our people. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled us into the ranks of an elite small business company. Apogee is known for an unwavering dedication to our client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to provide the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting Government Quality Management personnel, to include Contracting Officer, Contract Specialists, Quality Assurance Program Coordinators, Quality Assurance Managers, Contracting Officer Representatives, Technical Points of Contact, Contracting Officer Technical Representatives personnel in performance of duties.
- Making recommendations and provide support on quality assurance documentation and requirements, to include Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans and Quality Control Plans
- Developing clearly stated, measurable and enforceable quality assurance requirements, ensuring incorporation of commercial quality assurance practices and market research.
- Making recommendations for improved quality assurance documentation submitted by other contractors
What you’ll need:
- Security clearance required: TS/SCI
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other relevant field with 14 years of relevant quality management experience or a Master’s degree with 10 years of relevant quality management experience
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant quality management experience within Department of Defense (DoD) programs
- Experience in engineering and design of production layouts and processes with the purpose of increasing productivity, eliminating waste, reducing costs, and ensuring quality standards are maintained.
- Experience with LEAN SIX SIGMA (desired)
- Experience in supporting military intelligence systems and military Command and Control (C2) information sharing efforts.
- Recent experience in one or more areas including but not limited to NATO FMN, JADC2, ABMS, JIE or DI2E.
- Minimum of three-years’ experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control management in commercial, coalition, military, interagency, multinational or joint information sharing activities.
- Ability to work on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a program independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including preparing and presenting analytical documents for senior officials
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves. Regular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.