Apogee is an exceptionally-rated provider of Engineering & Science, IT, Software Solutions, Mission Support, Management Services, and Cyber Security across multiple Defense and Civilian customers.
Apogee is seeking a full-time Senior Software Engineer located in Omaha, NE in support of all USSTRATCOM primary mission areas and all AFLCMC/HBC Offutt Air Force Base-located programs, including the Integrated Strategic Planning and Analysis Network (ISPAN), Nuclear Planning Execution System (NPES), Decision Support Service (DSS); HBC Software Development Factory, and all associated Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, intel, training, technical services, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference for our customers and our people. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled us into the ranks of an elite small business company. Apogee is known for an unwavering dedication to our client’s success, a warm and employee-centric work environment, and an enthusiasm to provide the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Perform system analysis and develop system specifications.
- Provide technical reviews of design and development specifications of software applications and systems and other engineering artifacts and develop or maintain those artifacts as required in systems engineering process.
- Support the certification, maintenance, and testing of software applications as well as the integration of complex software systems and provide comments, recommendations, status, etc.
- Support the delivery of software, installation, configuration and testing, and problem resolution and maintenance, including all procedures/timelines to achieve approval to test and promote new or updated software to production.
- Advise the Government to ensure compliance with applicable standards, participate in development of new standards, and help improve existing standards.
- Assess technical and architectural changes for impact to IPT-specific software, other command-level systems, and the enterprise.
- Assess items such as processes, products, contractor-developed solutions, baseline changes, Remedy Change Requests, etc. and provide comments /recommendations as necessary.
- Support development of program documents (support plans, strategies, assessments, requirements documents).
- Use approved processes (e.g., Systems Engineering Plan (SEP)) and participate in and provide support (e.g., prepare briefing or written material) for program management and technical reviews.
- Support the Program Chief Engineer and engineering authorities as requested through the program office.
- Provide direct support to the Test and Enterprise System Branch, working with the PM, FM and Chief Engineer.
- Support the Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) process for placing new deliveries into production.
- Assist in reviewing or proposing inputs to Requests for Proposal (RFP) artifacts and source selection related documents such as Acquisition Plans, LCMP and Acquisition Strategy.
- Integrate user community requirements, desired capabilities and characteristics to support injection into the requirements/capabilities generation, planning and programming processes and documents.
- Review associated documentation and software for compliance with configuration management procedures, testing policies and design as stated in current directives.
- Provide analyses of interface requirements for applications based on recommendations from modernization efforts.
- Provide full spectrum support for the programs including: development of test plans and test reports, assisting and coordinating test events with interested parties (program office, contractor, user, AFOTEC, external agencies).
- Assist in the security evaluation of program information and hardware throughout the program life cycle.
- Support the development, analysis, and implementation of an Agile DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery model of software development, integration, and deployment; Cloud technologies; and microservice architectures.
What you will need to have:
- Security Clearance Required: Top Secret (TS) clearance Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- One of the following education/experience combinations:
- Master’s degree and at least 12 years of relevant experience, including at least 5 years supporting the DoD
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 15 years of relevant experience, including at least 5 years supporting the DoD
- 20 years of relevant experience, including at least 8 years supporting the DoD
- Possess knowledge of acquisition streamlining initiatives and acquisition reforms (e.g., NDAA Section 804, DoD and USSTRATCOM initiatives).
- Require experience installing and configuring application software
- Require basic Unix operating system skills
- Require basic Systems Administrator skills
- Prefer working knowledge of Oracle Fusion Middleware products
- Prefer basic Ansible scripting skills
- Prefer automated software testing experience
- Prefer Docker container experience
- Prefer basic database knowledge
- Container orchestration experience (e.g., Kubernetes, Tanzu, etc.) a plus
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves. Regular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)