Delivering Innovative and Relevant Solutions
Apogee is actively seeking a full-time Senior Electrical Engineer (Integrated Communications) to be located at Apogee’s Suffolk regional office. This role will support the USCG Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, and Intelligence Service Center Engineering Services Division (C5ISC), Engineering Services Division (ESD), and RF Communications Branch (RFCB) located in Portsmouth, VA.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, intel, training, technical services, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference for our customers and our people. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled us into the ranks of an elite small business company. Apogee is known for an unwavering dedication to our client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to provide the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Provide technical assistance in the development and delivery of templates, guides and technical documents required throughout the Life-Cycle of a system.
- Provide acquisition and project management support.
Contribute to technical working groups and interchange meetings, program management review and support equipment requirements review meetings.
- Analyze plans and programs, integrate with external agencies accomplishing equipment acquisition, and participate in Test and Evaluation and strategic planning activities.
- Contribute to Configuration Audits; analyze Integrated Logistics Support requirements and review operational/contingency plans.
- Develop capabilities for systems, investigate available technologies, and define alternative concepts to meet user needs.
- Contribute to System Design Review, Configuration Control Boards, Logistics Engineering and other activities of the USCG Acquisition Life-Cycle and Systems Engineering Life-Cycle.
- Develop engineering change documentation and TCTO documentation IAW SFLC directives and processes.
- Develop installation design plans and installation drawings and procedures including the creation of or the updating/redlining of USCG AutoCAD drawings and plan sets.
- Develop detailed program/project management plans including Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and draft project schedules and manage resources utilizing Microsoft Project.
- Develop and maintain project management oversight documents describing schedule, budget, adherence to approved plans and specifications, and efficient and effective implementation.
- Provide System Engineering support within the USCG’s SELC framework to upgrade the RFDS operating system to a standard CG Windows 10 SHB operating system
- Provide Systems Engineering support and coordination with the OEM to develop and implement RFDS internal rack redesign and optimization for maintainability.
What you will need to have:
- Security Clearance Required: Secret
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an Electrical Engineering field of study from an ABET accredited college with 10+ years of overall electrical engineering experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possess experience with the following Government Furnished Equipment for conducting EMI/RADAZ analysis:
- Spectrum Analyzers
- RF Signal Generators
- RF Propagation and Cascade Analysis
- Prior experience with federal government contracting with a preference for experience supporting USCG customers onsite
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves. Regular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.