Delivering Innovative and Relevant Solutions
Apogee is actively seeking a full-time RF Electronics Technician (SME) to be located at Apogee’s Suffolk regional office. This role will support the USCG Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, and Intelligence Service Center Engineering Services Division (C5ISC), Business Operations Division (BOD), Field Coordination & Depot Support (FCDS) division located in Portsmouth, VA.
Why work with us
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, intel, training, technical services, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference for our customers and our people. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled us into the ranks of an elite small business company. Apogee is known for an unwavering dedication to our client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to provide the right solution at the right time.
- Provide SME-level RF electronics technical support for USCG HF shipboard systems; and assist in the sustainment activities required to support USCG shipboard HF communications systems
- Provide technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration, and enhancement of HF shipboard products, programs, and systems
Duties shall include, but are not limited to assisting the System Support Agent (SSA) with the following:
- Validating maintenance procedures and engineering discrepancies, including providing expertise for the resolution of technical problems, troubleshooting systems, modifying systems to customer requirements, and partnering with engineers to reduce re-occurring incidents
- Providing depot-level help desk support, including providing expert technical support for the installation and repair of complex systems and answering questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of designated systems and services
- Administering Automatic Link Establishment (ALE) management
Conducting system drawing reviews
- Developing and managing technical documentation in support of systems HF communication systems
- Executing parts verification and validation
- Maintaining logistics database management
- Providing transitional services from acquisition to sustainment, including system disposal services
- Security Clearance Required: Secret
- Bachelor’s degree in BSEET/BSEE and 8+ years’ experience system troubleshooting and help desk technical support at the equipment depot level; OR 16+ years’ experience in RF communications systems, including system troubleshooting and help desk technical support at the equipment depot level
- Bachelor’s degree in BSEET/BSEE and 10+ years’ experience system troubleshooting and help desk technical support at the equipment depot level; OR 18+ years’ experience in RF communications systems, including system troubleshooting and help desk technical support at the equipment depot level
- Preferred candidates will have experience developing and managing technical documentation in support of RF Systems:
- Supporting HF/VHF USCG shipboard systems
- Familiarization with Automatic Link Establishment (ALE) radios
- Prior experience with federal government contracting with a preference for experience supporting
- USCG customers onsite
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves. Regular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.