Delivering Innovative and Relevant Solutions
Apogee is seeking a Sr. Mission Instructor supporting Space Delta 5 and the 5 CTS at Vandenberg SFB, CA. This position will support the development, research and advance training (AT) course development in support of Ready Spacecrew Program (RSP) and Space Mission Force (SMF) constructs. The Mission Instructor is responsible for developing 5 CTS SMF course materials, methodologies, and delivery of course instruction IAW ISD.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, intel, training, technical services, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference for our customers and our people. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled us into the ranks of an elite small business company. Apogee is known for an unwavering dedication to our client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to provide the right solution at the right time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, maintain, and modify SMF training material IAW ISD standards for the 5 CTS
- Create, maintain, and update training aids IAW ISD standards and the 5 CTS Instructor Handbook
- The support shall include Training Aids such as, but not limited to, Microsoft PowerPoint, instructor notes, training aids, computer-based training (CBT) support, SharePoint, and lesson plans
- Conduct comprehensive instruction IAW AFI13-1AOC, Vol 1, which includes, (Type-1) Training, Instructor Certification Course (ICC), Continuation Training (CT), Initial Qualification Training (IQT), Mission Qualification Training (MQT), Supplemental Training (ST) current and Advanced
- Training Scenarios in support of SMF RSP
- Ensure all students have necessary tools and instruction to achieve task list
- Provide root cause analysis for any student failure or shortfall of completion
- Schedule, review course critiques, and coordinate a course “hot wash” discussion and generation After
- Action Report (AAR), when required
What you’ll need to have:
- Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 5+ years of experience in relevant field
- Expertise in SMF material and ISD methodology
- Familiar with the American Council on Education (ACE), Air Education and Training Command (AETC), and Air University (AU)
- Must be familiar with and have a working knowledge of SMF publications, processes, procedures, and training task lists
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves. Regular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.