Delivering Innovative and Relevant Solutions
Apogee is seeking an Agile Analyst in support of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Requirements Engineering Program Office (REPO) at the New Carrollton Federal Building located in New Carrollton, MD.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, intel, training, technical services, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference for our customers and our people. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled us into the ranks of an elite small business company. Apogee is known for an unwavering dedication to our client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to provide the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Implementing the use of Agile and DevOps tools to support the development and evolution of the One Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC) approach for modernizing Information Technology (IT) product delivery
- Transforming initiatives to deliver lasting change within agencies that focus on delivering value for citizens.
- Serving as team coaches and work at the team level, working with teams to ensure that delivery teams within IRS are adopting agile and performing effectively.
- Institutionalizing an agile culture within a team using techniques from a wide range of agile and lean methodologies and frameworks
- Helping to create an open and trust-based environment, which enables a focus on delivery and facilitates continuous improvement within a team
- Assessing the culture of a team and delivery processes in place to identify improvements and facilitate these improvements with the right type of support
- Showcasing relevant tools and techniques such as coaching, advising, workshops, and mentoring
- Engaging with stakeholders at many levels of the organization and ensuring any stakeholder can easily find out an accurate and current project or program status, without disruption to delivery
- Applying best tools and techniques to: team roles, behaviors, structure and culture, agile ceremonies and practices, knowledge transfer and sharing, program management, cross-team coordination, and overall governance of digital service delivery
- Ensuring key metrics and requirements that support the team and delivery are well defined and maintained
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other scientific/technical discipline with 3+ years of relevant experience delivering quality Lean-Agile solutions, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience delivering quality Lean-Agile solutions including design, development, testing, tool expertise, DevOps delivery, automation, organizational change, coaching services, and delivery
- Possess demonstrated knowledge in one or more relevant Agile methodologies, including certification, such as Scrum Master, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Agilist, or Large Scale Scrum (LeSS) Practitioner
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves. Regular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.