Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers.
Apogee is seeking a Chief Science & Technology Strategist located in Kirtland AFB or Wright Patterson AFB in support of S&T Domain activities, especially focused on Department of Defense (DoD) engineering, research, operations, and training.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is an established provider of engineering and research, analysis, cybersecurity, technical services, and training across an array of federal government organizations spanning the Air, Cyberspace, Intelligence, Land and Sea, Science and Technology, and Space domains. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of venue, agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Apogee’s broad S&T capabilities and ongoing strategy.
- Lead full lifecycle business development and capture management activities, to include pipeline development and executing capture plans
- Conduct business intelligence and analysis activities to understand corporate capabilities/gaps, strategies, discriminators, and win themes
- Develop teaming strategies and meet with business leaders as necessary to execute capture plan
- Meet with prospective government customers to exchange information, understand challenges, influence requirements, and share information on potential solutions
- Serve as opportunity owner for associated contract proposals, including leading strategy sessions, pursuit/bid briefs, kickoff briefs, identifying necessary support resources, and securing bid approval from corporate leadership
- Oversee development of proposal packages to tell a compliant, compelling story that effectively articulates win themes
- Responsible for identifying opportunities and continuing Apogee’s growth of S&T-related work in the first 18 months.
What you will need to have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related field. Advanced degrees strongly preferred.
- Prior US military active duty experience is required
- At least ten (10) years of experience working within a defense research organization such as AFRL or ARL.
- At least three (3) years of recent experience working within AFRL is preferred
- Ideal candidate has demonstrated experience or professional network in the S&T communities located in Kirtland AFB, Wright-Patterson AFB, or in Rome NY.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior business and government leaders
- Expert level skills in oral and written communication.
- Experience developing and executing capture strategies for Small Business and Large Business opportunities
- Top Secret (TS) security clearance required with SCI eligibility preferred
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)