Delivering Innovative and Relevant Solutions
Apogee is seeking a GEOINT Systems Engineer, Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support the Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Special Operations Forces (ISR & SOF) Directorate located at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. This position will provide operationally relevant GEOINT engineering services to assist with technology development activities that identify, analyze, evaluate, test, and implement new capabilities for potential incorporation into the intelligence collection architecture in support of the ASARS program.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Apply the principles, criteria, and procedures of the DoD to include DoD 5000.01 and DoD 5000.02 as well as the policies and processes of USAF, HQ AFMC, AFLCMC Engineering Directorate, ISR & SOF Directorate and Division level to all AFLCMC/WIN engineering tasks
- Integrating preplanned improvements or follow-on capabilities to candidate sensors for existing or emerging platforms and sensor data with current exploitation elements as required to execute the T&E mission, to include but not limited to the following activities: I&TS, Reduction of Data Using Compression Enhancements (RDUCE), Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), as well as other emerging next generation imaging sensor development programs managed by AFLCMC/WIN such as those under the High Altitude Long Range GEOINT Capabilities (HALRGC) study, Laser Radar/Light Detection and Ranging (LADAR/LIDAR) study, and Hyperspectral Imaging, and EO/IR sensor designs
- Assist in defining and translating DoD user requirements into system requirements which will be used by the weapon system contractor to design, develop, fabricate, test, and evaluate systems, subsystems, and equipment for deployment
- Reviewing the overall system design baseline (architecture and interoperability requirements) in the areas of integrated subsystem controls, environmental control, thermal management, auxiliary and emergency power, mechanical systems, and fire/overheat protection systems
- Assist with processes for drafting project documentation, including SOOs and SOWs, program plans, schedules, and presentations and drafting documentation required by regulations and statues, to include but not limited to the SEP and LCSP
- Reviewing and analyzing technical proposals or modifications for cost, design feasibility and system compatibility and assist in reviewing specifications, including system, system segment, and equipment specifications, and ICDs submitted by the weapon system contractor or other DoD agencies involved in the program
- Supporting and conducting engineering performance, effectiveness, cost effectiveness, cost performance, life-cycle cost, producibility, maintainability, supportability, reliability, technical/schedule risk assessment, and scheduling trade-off studies
- Evaluation of systems test plans (such as systems test plans/test and evaluation master plans) and participate in the conduct of system, subsystem, and component testing
- Assist in acquisition engineering processes to include sensor development and integration on manned or unmanned air vehicles (UAV) such as integrated subsystem controls, avionics, communications/data link integration, and electrical power integration
- Assist in producing architectures which assess the user needs, document the planned and existing systems intended to meet the needs, determine deficiencies, develop alternative solutions, and recommend a solution to meet the deficiencies
- Assist in developing a plan to implement the chosen solution. These architectures could cover a command’s need, such as, GEOINT systems for an advanced aircraft, system architecture need for a multi-user GEOINT systems or GEOINT mission sub-area architectures for strategic, tactical, and support communication systems
What you’ll need:
- Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI
- Must possess one of the following education and experience combinations:
- Master’s degree and a minimum of 12 of years of relevant experience, 5 years of which must be in the DoD
- OR, Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience, 5 years of which must be in the DoD
- OR, a minimum of 20 years of directly related experience in lieu of a degree, 8 years of which must be in the DoD
- Experience with DoD and Air Force system-of-systems acquisition engineering processes
- Experience with engineering support including defining GEOINT system and subsystem requirements, system analysis, integration, test and evaluation activities
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves. Regular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)