Delivering Innovative and Relevant Solutions
Apogee is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to work in support of the Department of Treasury’s Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) at TTB Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Why work with us?
Apogee is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Plan, design, implement, monitor, and maintain TTB Information Technology (IT) network products and services
- Configure networking devices, including physical and virtual networking devices, protocols, services, and applications
- Troubleshoot procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels
- Test and validate network design
- Monitor network operations to ensure properly set configuration options
- Use network analysis tools to identify and resolve performance problems in the network
- Design and plan network communications systems, such as VoIP and VTC
- Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis and provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for existing and future capacity requirements
- Evaluate and report on new communication technologies to enhance network capabilities
- Plan network enhancements and upgrades, including those for network security
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant field and 10+ years of relevant experience in Information Technology (IT)
- 8 or more years’ experience in planning, designing, and implementing and maintaining network hardware and software infrastructure
- 8 or more years’ experience with configuring routing and switching protocols and technologies
- 8 or more years’ experience with isolating and performing root cause analysis on software bugs, for example, determining infrastructure design improvements and enhancements, and implementing workarounds
- Experience with firewall and IPS security products
- Experience with VoIP and call center systems
- Knowledge of software-defined networking technologies to automate network provisioning and increase redundancy and improve resiliency
- Ability to apply architectural knowledge to network diagrams, wiring, and cyber infrastructure documentation, processes, and procedures and suggesting improvements, as needed
- Knowledge of information security processes and procedures and possess relevant certification(s) such as Security+ or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) (desired)
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves. Regular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)