Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time
Apogee is seeking an Intelligence Enterprise Architecture Specialist located at Langley Air Force Base (AFB), VA in support of Air Combat Command (ACC)/A2 Intelligence Directorate.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Identify, evaluate, and integrate applicable DoD, Service, and Intelligence Community (IC) plans, policies, and standards concerning AF JWICS enterprise development, operations, governance, and security as promulgated by multiple levels of Command.
- Support the drafting, reviewing, editing, and staffing of plans, policy, and guidance documents related to AF JWICS enterprise capabilities, components, users, and administrators.
- Participate in, monitor, plan, and administer meetings, working groups, and other forums to assist ACC/A2 in advocating, planning, and implementing AF JWICS enterprise policy, standards, and guidance.
- Assist other AF JWICS enterprise governance stakeholders in developing, monitoring, tracking, and managing the production and revision of AF JWICS enterprise plans, policies, and standards.
- Assist in disseminating and implementing AF JWICS plans, policy, and governance to all participants in the enterprise.
- Gather data, analyze compliance, and report results on the condition and progress of AF JWICS cybersecurity programs, security plans, Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms), Assessment and Authorization (A&A) workflow data, patch management, Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA), DoD 8140 certifications, Federal Information System Modernization Act (FISMA) compliance tasks, and Authorizations to Operate (ATOs).
- Engage Information System Security Officers/Managers (ISSOs/ISSMs) and AF units operating on the AF JWICS enterprise to provide Cybersecurity guidance, complete assessment reports, and provide solutions to commanders on how to improve their cybersecurity programs.
- Assist in developing and providing on-the-job work center training to Government, contractor, and military personnel on various Information Technology (IT) security tools, policies, and procedures required to protect resources and meet standards.
- Support cybersecurity trainers with updated information and materials for their area of responsibility for compliance with USAF, DoD, Intelligence Community (IC), and other national agency standards.
- Maintain an effective AF JWICS enterprise cybersecurity program that supports CAF missions and protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of USAF IC information resources
What you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in area of expertise desired, but not required.
- Possess eight (8) years of experience with AF/joint intelligence and ISR operations.
- Possess and two (2) years of experience with enterprise IT plans, policy, and governance development.
- Possess a TS clearance and be SCI eligible by the CCF based on an SSBI.
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves. Regular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)