Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time
Apogee Engineering is seeking a Senior Software Developer to be located remotely or in Lakewood, CO. This position actively supports the development of web-based applications and systems that enable scientific data synthesis, analysis, visualization and management for the United States Geological Survey (USGS) Science Data Management (SDM) Branch. Key elements of the mission include developing national data products to enable USGS science; creating innovative tools and technologies for scientific discovery, science data life cycle management, and rapid response to science issues; and implementation of digital library research and data services.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop web-based applications and systems that enable scientific data management, synthesis, analysis, and visualization with an emphasis on backend development.
- Implement and adhere to approved application and operations methodology that will ensure the most efficient use of systems resulting in technically sound and usable solutions.
- Provide support related to software development/programming, web development and design, systems analysis and quality control.
- Research, develop and implement databases, online and mobile applications, data integration tools and services, tools supporting scientific data modeling, data visualization tools, and digital library management
- Support cloud-based approaches and web services for automated access to organizational products and services.
What you will need to have:
- Substantial (3+ years) experience with Cloud native approaches and infrastructure as code (Terraform, AWS CDK)
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with AWS components such as Lambda, Batch, SQS, ElastiCache, CloudWatch, RDS
- BS/BA (Preferred)
- Experience working with authentication protocols, particularly Keycloak
- Experience in Java/Grails required
- Experience in web frameworks such as Flask, Fast API, React and exposure to Vue projects
- Familiarity with GitLab, Docker, JSON, XML, REST, GraphQL APIs (such as Open API/Swagger)
- Proficiency with test-drive development and knowledge of unit component integration testing
- Proficiency using software management tracking systems such as Jira and understanding of Agile development
- Familiarity with metadata standards such as FGDC CDSGM and ISO 19115 Suite
- Proficiency in Macintosh and Linux OS environments
- Ability to work with distributed software teams
Benefits and Compensation
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves.
- Salary Min: $74,546 – Max $130,000
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)