Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers.
Apogee Engineering is seeking a Senior Software Developer with data load experience in Lakewood, CO. This position supports the design, development, enhancement, and modernization of the United States Geological Survey’s (USGS) Biodiversity Information Serving Our Nation (BISON – https:/bison.usgs.gov) program and its respective components, web services, user interfaces, and other applications as needed.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Perform monthly extraction, transform and load (ETL) processes that feed data into BISON for the update that is currently in the workflow.
- Create new or re-engineer, enhance, or modify the functionality of an existing data system or develop new components or new applications.
- Maintain application compatibility with open source, Java-based applications required for integration with systems external to USGS.
- Provide corrective maintenance services including application bug fixes, correcting business rules, as needed, eliminating vulnerabilities identified by scans, and render assistance toward the completion of scheduled Enterprise Architecture (EA) and infrastructure or software upgrades as identified by operations staff.
- Serve as a liaison between Product Owners and the Operations Staff for troubleshooting system problems and determining resolutions.
- Write automated unit tests using industry standard testing tools and debuggers to maintain application quality states.
- Write automated unit tests and develop automated applications for web interface testing purposes
- Determine whether software is fully functional and operations, including testing fixes and new functionality against provided criteria prior to delivery to Product Owners for functionality verification.
- Perform system performance load and stress testing to ensure solutions scale to meet user demand while maintaining acceptable performance levels.
- Use Jira for ticket tracking and managing tickets in collaboration with Product Owners
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a Software Developer
- Minimum 5 years of DBA experience with PostgreSQL 5+ and PostGIS experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Solr/Lucene
- Ability to work independently
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)