Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time
Apogee is seeking a Software Engineer level 1 in support of work at the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is an established provider of engineering and research, analysis, cybersecurity, technical services, and training across an array of federal government organizations spanning the Air, Cyberspace, Intelligence, Land and Sea, Science and Technology, and Space domains. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of venue, agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Gives technical direction and guidance to lower level programmers
- Applies advanced knowledge in the areas of engineering, computer science, and information technology for the technical design, development, and implementation of complex programming projects
- Typical assignments are complex and require use of initiative and independent judgment
- Develops solutions unique to client needs
- Can function as Project Leader, which involves interfacing with clients
- Possesses sufficient writing skills to prepare and generate technical reports and other documentation pertinent to the position
What you will need to have:
- Possess a Top Secret (TS) clearance and eligibility to obtain access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology and 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)