Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers.
Apogee is seeking a System Administrator located at Langley Air Force Base (AFB), VA in support of Air Combat Command (ACC)/A2 Intelligence Directorate.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Provide support for installed software (mission applications) including, but not limited to, updates and releases, patches, and Time Compliant Network Orders (TCNO’s) for Command and Control (C2) and Intelligence Systems.
- Maintain and examine system audit logs for failures, failure prediction, and IA accountability for C2 and Intelligence Systems.
- Create, manage, schedule, and test backups of systems based on customer-defined plans for C2 and Intelligence Systems.
- Perform basic database maintenance in accordance with a customer-approved maintenance plan and schedule.
- Perform and adhere to Information Assurance (IA) policies and procedures in compliance with Defense Intelligence Security Agency (DISA), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), and AFNETOPS directives for C2 and Intelligence Systems.
- Accept and complete trouble tickets (problem reports) for supported applications.
- Manage Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) software support for C2 and Intelligence Systems.
What you will need to have:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in area of expertise
- Possess knowledge of and ten (10) years of experience administering Windows and Unix-based servers and workstations at the operating system and application level on physical and/or virtual machines
- Possess current DoD 8570.01-M IA Technical (IAT) Level II certification
- Possess a TS security clearance and be SCI eligible by the CCF based on an SSBI
- Possess a Master’s degree (desired)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)