Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers.
Apogee is seeking a Systems Engineer located at MacDill AFB, FL in support of Special Operations Forces Acquisition, Technology and Logistics’ (SOF AT&L) Program Executive Office for Special Reconnaissance (PEO-SR). PEO-SR supports the USSOCOM mission through rapid and focused acquisition of state-of-the-art sensors and associated C2 emplacement, recovery, and specialized communication systems across all domains to enable total situational awareness for the SOF Warfighter.
Why work wTSith us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Provide multidisciplinary engineering to determine the technical needs in the acquisition, development, and sustainment of systems.
- Apply diverse engineering practices, techniques, and processes to resolve difficult issues consistent with program objectives.
- Interpret engineering requirements into design characteristics and criteria.
- Help plan, analyze, and evaluate engineering and technical efforts to define requirements, translate into design criteria, assess alternative design approaches, and develop system specifications.
- Help determine the means to advance projects and evaluate significant modifications to production methods or materials due to changes in requirements, technological advances, or shortcomings.
- Develop evaluations and technical justifications of feasibility.
- Analyze and study performance requirements against a wide range of diverse considerations.
- Assist in the evaluation of technology, components, and systems by developing evaluation criteria, performing evaluations, and documenting results.
- Plan, develop, and implement procedures for review of acquisition programs and military engineering programs; direct engineering sufficiency reviews of these programs until turnover.
What you will need to have:
- Master’s degree plus 7 years’ systems engineering experience or bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline plus 11 years’ experience in engineering, systems engineering, and systems integration.
- Strategic level knowledge of space policy, organizations, systems, and operations; extensive experience with National Technical Means and strategic-level intelligence coordination.
- Knowledge/experience with the TENCAP organizational structure and execution of the Military Exploitation of Reconnaissance and Intelligence Technology process.
- Skill in evaluating state-of-the-art scientific and environmental/engineering technologies and incorporating into the planning, design, operation, maintenance, repair, and upgrade of applicable systems.
- Ability to direct and coordinate engineering and maintenance programs and inform development of criteria for specialized critical system design.
- Possess a Top Secret clearance with SCI.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)