Apogee is an exceptionally-rated provider of Engineering & Science, IT, Software Solutions, Mission Support, Management Services, and Cyber Security across multiple Defense and Civilian customers.
Apogee is seeking a Lead Linux Administrator for the Army’s Analytic Group (AAG) located in Fairfield, CA.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Solution engineer and presentation of enterprise Linux solutions.
- Documentation of IaaS platform Linux technical implementation standard for Data Center and Cloud Systems.
- Lead a team of 3-5 direct reports.
- Configuration of Linux and Unix machine in a On-Premises and Cloud Environment.
- Capacity planning, and resource management.
- Supporting variety of software stacks for production applications.
- Using Ansible and other orchestration tools to optimize deployments.
- Develop tool kits to make administration easier.
- Detailed security analysis of logs to monitor for security threats using ArcSight.
- Assist in patch management and keeping systems secure.
What you will need to have:
- A desire to learn and help fill in where needed
- An interest in take on a role of security specialist on the Unix/Linux side to parse logs from all systems.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Certification
- Eligible for a security clearance, existing SECRET preferred
- Experience with RedHat/CentOS environments
- Network and/or Firewall systems administration experience.
- Familiarity with Risk Management Frameworks.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Requisition Number: AAGLE01783