Apogee, an award-winning small business contractor within the federal market, is focused on improving the speed of capability to the warfighter, affordability of systems, streamlining requirements, employing innovation for future threats, increasing competition and fielding, and sustaining capabilities to Special Operations Forces.
Apogee is seeking an experienced Capture Manager for our growing Space business unit. This position will ideally sit in at our HQ in Colorado Springs, CO, but we are open to Los Angeles, CA, and Albuquerque, NM.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop a deep understanding of Apogee’s broad space capabilities and ongoing strategy.
- Lead business development and capture management activities, to include pipeline development and executing capture plans
- Conduct business intelligence and analysis activities to understand corporate capabilities/gaps, strategies, discriminators, and win themes
- Develop teaming strategies and meet with business leaders as necessary to execute capture plan
- Meet with prospective government customers to exchange information, understand challenges, influence requirements, and share information on potential solutions
- Serve as opportunity owner for associated contract proposals, including leading strategy sessions, pursuit/bid briefs, kickoff briefs, identifying necessary support resources, and securing bid approval from corporate leadership
- Oversee development of proposal packages to tell a compliant, compelling story that effectively articulates win themes
- Responsible for identifying opportunities and continuing Apogee’s growth of space-related work in the first 18 months.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Prior active duty experience in the US Air Force is preferred
- At least ten (10) years of experience working within a Space career field
- At least three (3) years of recent experience working within AFSPC, current experience within USSF organization(s) is ideal.
- Ideal candidate has demonstrated experience working in the space communities located at LA AFB, Peterson AFB, and Kirtland AFB. A strong professional network in those communities is necessary for successful performance in this role.
- Strong relationships and demonstrated ability to work with senior business and government leaders
- Expert level skills in oral and written communication.
- Experience developing and executing capture strategies for new Small Business and Large Business opportunities
- Top Secret (TS) security clearance required with SCI eligibility preferred
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)