Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers.
Apogee is seeking a Chief Strategist, NASIC located in Dayton, OH in support of Intelligence Domain activities, especially focused on the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC).
What you will be doing:
- Develop a deep understanding of Apogee’s intelligence capabilities and ongoing strategy
- Lead capture management activities, including developing and executing capture plans and building/managing capture pipelines
- Conduct business intelligence and analysis activities to understand corporate and competitor capabilities/gaps, strategies, and win themes
- Develop teaming strategies and meet with business leaders as necessary to execute capture plan
- Meet with prospective government customers to exchange information, understand challenges, influence requirements, and share information on potential solutions
- Serve as opportunity owner for associated contract proposals, including leading strategy sessions, pursuit/bid briefs, kickoff briefs, identifying necessary support resources, and securing approval from corporate leadership
- Oversee development of proposal packages to tell a compliant, compelling story that effectively articulates win themes
- Responsible for identifying opportunities and continuing Apogee’s growth of intelligence-related work in the first 18 months.
What you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- At least ten (10) years of Military or Government Civilian experience working within the Intelligence career field; more than 20 years (desired)
- At least three (3) years of recent experience working within NASIC and preferably working across multiple directorates within the Center
- Experience working with other Intelligence Community partner agencies, such as Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) and National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) (desired)
- Strong relationships and demonstrated ability to work with senior business and government leaders
- Working knowledge and experience with Intelligence Community organizations
- Strong skill in oral and written communication
- Experience developing and executing capture strategies for new business opportunities
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time. Expect limited travel in the first year, but up to 20% after that
- TS/SCI security clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)