Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers.
Apogee Engineering is seeking a Cybersecurity Specialist to be located in Omaha, NE supporting the Acquisition Support, Systems Engineering, and Technological Services (ASSETS) program. This position will manage the fact finding, analysis, and development of hypothesis, conclusions, production of final reports and presentations, which requires expert knowledge of database practices, and USSTRATCOM database organization, operations and objectives, and requires training in application security and software analytical tools used by the IPT.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Develop Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) required in support of information assurance or security necessities
- Conduct tests of cybersecurity safeguards and integration of systems IAW established test plans, STIGs and Cybersecurity Controls
- Ensure that the design of hardware, operating systems, and software applications adequately address security requirements for the Computing Environment (CE) to include testing cybersecurity mitigations.
- Development and production of RMF documentation for Secret, Top Secret and JWICS networks
- Perform vulnerability assessments and security tests on networks, web-based applications, and computer systems
- Conduct network and system security audits, evaluate how well system conforms to a set of established criteria. Analyze policies for effectiveness, make suggestions on security policy improvements, and work to enhance methodology material. Document findings, write security reports, and discuss solutions with IT teams and management
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience working DoD software projects
- Minimum of a Secret Security Clearance
- Must hold a GPEN, GWAPT, GSE, OSEE, OSCE, OSCP, or GXPN
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience conducting penetration testing or Blue team testing
- Hold a 8570 Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level II certification or DODD 8140
- Information Assurance Security Engineer Level II certification
- Experience with Application Security ie. AppDetective Pro, Application Security DBProtect, Fortify
- Source Code Analyzer, Fortify 360 Server, Fortify Real-Time Analyzer, IBM/Rational AppScan
- Knowledge and experience with NIST 800-53, and DoD Risk Management Framework tools (eMASS/Xacta)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)