Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers.
Apogee Engineering is seeking a Software Application SME to be located in Omaha, NE supporting the Acquisition Support, Systems Engineering, and Technological Services (ASSETS) program. This position will be the definitive source of knowledge, technique, or expertise in a specific subject area, such as information technology or specific software application
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Function as the AFLCMC-HBC recognized expert for this specific knowledge area and apply this expertise to the Division’s vision and strategic direction
- Lead or be an active participant of a work-group with the need for specialized knowledge
- Provide guidance on how his/her area of capability can resolve an organizational need and actively participate in all phases of the software development life cycle
- Define business requirements and recommending a technical approach to meet the needs of a specific system or software application
- Generate design specifications for software development to include translating business requirements into detailed algorithms for coding
- Assist the Government in overseeing the development, testing and implementation of the technical solution and validate that the final product satisfies the defined requirements
What you’ll need:
- Masters Degree strongly preferred
- 10+ years of experience working DoD software projects
- Minimum of a Secret Security Clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)