Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers.
Apogee Engineering is seeking a Software Engineer to be located in Omaha, NE supporting the Acquisition Support, Systems Engineering, and Technological Services (ASSETS) program. This position will perform work that applies a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of software engineering to include but not be limited to reviewing, preparing, and analyzing all types of documentation: Planning, requirements, design, support and test.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Working as a member of an agile software development team performing coding tasks for features/functions
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Improving operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Perform Software Quality Assurance (SQA) to ensure that developed software meets and complies with defined or standardized quality specifications
- Integrate user community requirements, desired capabilities and characteristics to support injection into the requirements/capabilities generation, planning and programming processes and documents.
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience working DoD software projects
- Minimum of a Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with peer design and code reviews with other team members
- Experience with coding/scripting tasks for software build, packaging and deployment
- Ability to elaborate high level feature/function descriptions into detailed technical designs and tasks
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)