Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers.
Apogee Engineering is seeking a System Engineer to be located in Omaha, NE supporting the Acquisition Support, Systems Engineering, and Technological Services (ASSETS) program. This position will provide technical reviews of design and development specifications of software applications and systems and other engineering artifacts.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Support the certification, maintenance, and testing of software applications as well as the integration of complex software systems and provide comments, recommendations, status, etc
- Support the delivery of software, its installation, configuration and testing, and problem resolution and maintenance
- Assess technical and architectural changes for impact to IPT-specific software and/or other command-level systems
- Assess items such as processes, products, contractor-developed solutions, baseline changes, Remedy Change Requests, etc. and provide comments /recommendations as necessary development of program documents (e.g., Cost Analysis Requirements Document (CARD), C4I Support Plan (C4ISP), Information Assurance Strategy (IAS), Technology Readiness Assessment (TRA), Capability Description Document (CDD), Capability Production Document (CPD), and other documents as specified in the Joint Capabilities Integration Development System (JCIDS)), or other products as requested by the Government
- Provide direct support to the Test and Enterprise System Branch, working with the PM, FM and Chief Engineer
- Integrate user community requirements, desired capabilities and characteristics to support injection into the requirements/capabilities generation, planning and programming processes and documents.
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience working DoD software projects
- Minimum of a Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with the development, analysis, and implementation of an Agile DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery model of software development, integration, and deployment; Cloud technologies; and microservice architectures
- Experience System Security Management Plans, Program Protection Plans, Security Risk Analyses, OPSEC Plans, Computer Certification and Accreditation, Security Vulnerability and Countermeasure Analyses, Security Concepts of Operations
- Experience evaluating programs regarding development, maintenance, testing, and quality assurance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)