Apogee is an exceptionally-rated provider of Engineering & Science, IT, Software Solutions, Mission Support, Management Services, and Cyber Security across multiple Defense and Civilian customers.
The MARS Program Management Process Advisor will support the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Directed Energy (DE) Acquisition Support Office (ASO) at Kirtland AFB, NM.
Apogee is seeking an experienced senior defense program leader to assist ASO with a professional development program combining defense acquisition PM practices, regulations, and policies with local guidelines and tools, to enhance program managers’ knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is a part time position.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative assistance across a wide array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will do:
- Advise and assist key leaders in Space Vehicles (RV) and Directed Energy (RD) with gap analysis of existing PM onboarding and training processes
- Recommend improvements for, and develop training tools, procedures and processes
- Develop, edit, maintain, and distribute an internet-based Program Management Handbook, which collates forms, templates, and other AFRL tools for PMs
- Integrate program management training and education with the RD Continuous Process
- Improvement (CPI) program to maintain PM content currency and accuracy
- Design, schedule, and facilitate collaborative forums for PMs to collaborate and share best practices and procedures across RV and RD
What you’ll need:
- Master’s degree in engineering or science disciplines and 9+ years’ demonstrated experience in defense technical or acquisition program management, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science disciplines and 12+ years’ demonstrated experience in defense technical or acquisition program management, OR
- At least 15 years’ experience in defense technical or acquisition program management, including planning, programming, budgeting, and test/evaluation
- Experience coaching and leading Defense civilian workforce members, and establishing personal development and improvement plans
- Ability to develop curriculum, facilitate discussion, and inform senior branch and division leaders
- Secret Clearance preferred
- Presentation skills using Microsoft Office software suite, including Microsoft OneNote
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Requisition Number: MARSP01786