Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers.
Apogee Engineering is actively seeking a Senior Financial Strategic Planner supporting the AFRL Directed Energy and Space Vehicle program at Kirtland AFB, NM. The MARS Senior Financial Strategic Planner will support emerging requirements at the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL-NM) Financial Management Divisions at Kirtland Air Force Base, with professional advisory and assistance services to senior financial managers and business leaders. This is a part-time contract requirement, 10-24 hours per week.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide advisory and assistance services to senior Government leaders at AFRL/PRS, as you revise program and financial portfolio designs under SAF/AQ — you’ll impact AFRL transition into the US Space Force, leaving a historic mark
- Perform studies and analyses of business operations, enterprise portfolio redesign, and advise on business process improvements/efficiencies
- Assist with change management for the financial planning and business operations network at AFRL-NM
- Advise stakeholders on program and financial planning efforts, and development of affordable, comprehensive enterprise investment and acquisition approaches
- Contribute to the Air Force and AFRL Programming, Planning, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) processes, Corporate Investment Strategies, and prioritizing business processes
- Assist with improvement of finance division functional capabilities; align technical and functional strategy, structure, management processes, people, rewards and metrics
- Assist Government implementation of business operations policy, efficiency improvements and strategy development
What you’ll need:
- Current or former DOD Secret/DOE L Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in management, administration, business, finance or engineering/science, with at least 7 years of experience related to financial management
- Knowledge and experience with DOD and Service Financial Management and appropriations policy; preferably as a comptroller, resource manager, or in a financial management division
- Certified Defense or Government Financial Manager (CDFM/CGFM) is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)