Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers.
Apogee Engineering is actively seeking a full-time Cybersecurity Engineer to be located at Wright Patterson AFB, OH. This position supports the Cyber Resiliency Office for Weapon Systems (CROWS). The ideal candidate should have acquisition, systems engineering, and cybersecurity experience along with a solid understanding of program management fundamentals.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with other SE professionals to ensure weapon systems are designed with security and resiliency in mind
- Oversee the creation of Systems Engineering (SE) artifacts that include Systems Security Engineering (SSE) processes and practices
- Collaborate with Acquisition Support Team (AST) across the SE life cycle, including requirements definition, design analysis, development, integration, test, and fielding
- Oversee the creation of AST deliverables, including process-related artifacts and assessment tools
- Coordinate, facilitate, and attend periodic meetings and working groups
- Apply current understanding of DoD acquisition processes to ensure timely and synchronized schedule integration of requirements into program schedules and milestones through various acquisition program Integrated Product Teams
- Support development of SSE artifacts and templates for inclusion in SE processes
What you’ll need to have:
- Secret Security Clearance (required)
- Bachelor’s degree (required) in an engineering discipline (preferred)
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience working on Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition programs/projects
- Knowledge and experience implementing the Defense Acquisition System (required) in support of Air Force weapon systems (preferred)
- Experience supporting SE technical or design reviews, such as System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), or Critical Design Review (CDR) (highly preferred)
- Ability to perform all functional duties independently
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)