Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers.
Apogee Engineering is seeking an Engineer SME supporting Technical and Analytical Support Services (TASS) in Arlington, VA. This position will be responsible for providing technical expertise across technical and programmatic disciplines to include many emerging technologies.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- In this role, you’ll have a chance to support, interact with, and learn from senior executives in industry and Government while contributing to innovation goals of the Department
- Engage and support a variety of mission partners on their mission requirements. You will help them deduplicate efforts and support their technical and commercial diligence efforts.
- Provide technical expertise across technical and programmatic disciplines to include many emerging technologies.
- Identify gaps and shortfalls that can be fulfilled by DoD, other government, or industry partners to initiate, supervise, and develop requirements from a project’s inception to conclusion for complex programs.
- Travel to mission partner and commercial facilities, technical conferences and forums, field tests and demonstrations, and austere environments, both CONUS and OCONUS, as required to provide strategic advice, technical guidance, and expertise to program or project staff.
- Maintain pace with rapidly evolving emerging technology sectors.
- Strive to understand across the Government needs and requirements to provides detailed analysis, evaluation and recommendations for improvements, optimization development, or maintenance efforts for mission critical challenges.
- Keep track of office metrics and recommend new metrics or lead surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions.
- Take notes and capture action items.
- Ensure travel requests adhere to contract terms and ensure travel invoices are accurate.
- Prepare monthly reports.
What you’ll need:
- Current or eligible for a TS/SCI/SAP security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology required. Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology desired.
- More than five (5) years of experience with the RSC mission required
- 10+ years with advanced technology such as but not limited to cyber security; biotech; energy, communications of machine-to-machine and IoT networks; or data analytics required
- 10+ years IC and DoD experience
- 5 +years SOF experience
- 5+ years of experience in any of the following: innovation programs, venture capital firms, corporate venture groups, government research and development strategy, government requirements, or government operational needs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Requisition Number: TASSE01792