Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
Apogee is actively seeking a full-time IA Engineer to be located at USCG Base Portsmouth, in Portsmouth, VA. This role will support the USCG Command, Control and Communications Engineering Center (C3CEN) CT-R in achieving its program mission of fulfilling requirements; applying the lifecycle acquisition processes, and assisting the CT-R Asset Line Managers. Given new cyber security requirements, several antiquated RF communications devices must be removed and replaced with systems that adhere to the new security posture. Multiple engineering changes, design efforts and installations aboard numerous class cutters and shore sites must be developed to accomplish the goal of eradicating vulnerable operating systems. Apogee’s team will support existing CT-R staff by completing designs, installations and sustainment of the cyber compliant systems.
Why work with us
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian Customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference for both staff and clients alike. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
Duties shall include, but are not limited to assisting the Radio Frequency Communications Division with the following:
- Construct Windows 10 secure host baseline image (SHB) using instructions and files provided by DISA
- Install CT-R programs and perform System Operational Verification Test to ensure programs will run on hardened image. Work with CT-R Asset Line manager (ALM) to correct any issues between SHB image and CT-R program
- Identify differences between old SHB and new SHB build; create an executable file for field units to utilize in system upgrades
- Coordinate with Configuration Management team and ALM to ensure proper version control of updates to the field
- Minimum security clearance of Secret is required
- US Citizenship is required
- Over 6 years of engineering experience in information assurance, software development, or software testing
- BS in Computer Science, IT, Engineering Technician, or other related fields OR certification (CISSP, Security+, etc) with six years of experience
- Prior experience with federal government contracting is strongly preferred, with a preference to experience supporting USCG customer’s onsite
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)