Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers.
Apogee is actively seeking a full-time Systems Engineer to be located at USCG Base Portsmouth in Portsmouth, VA. This role will support the USCG Command, Control, and Communications Engineering Center’s (C3CEN) Core Technology Communications (CT-R) department to assist the Radio Frequency Communications Division.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Contribute to System Design Review, Configuration Control Boards, Logistics Engineering and other activities of the USCG Acquisition Life Cycle and Systems Engineering Life Cycle
- Provide System Engineering support within the USCG’s System Engineering Life Cycle framework to upgrade Automated Communications Resources Manager (ACRM) operating system to a standard Coast Guard Windows Server SHB (Secure Host Baseline) operating system
- Develop capabilities for systems, investigate available technologies, and define alternative concepts to meet user needs
- Upgrade technical capabilities and maintain cyber compliance of systems – RF radio frequency, Routers & switches
- Provide recommendations to enhance and improve existing network topologies and apply new solutions – routing/switching
- Provide scripting to support automating processes
What you’ll need:
- BS in Computer/Electrical Engineering/Science strongly preferred
- Prior experience supporting USCG preferred
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- 3+ years experience in application of electronics theory
- Minimum of a secret security clearance required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)