Apollo Fusion is designing and manufacturing in space electric propulsion subsystems systems for modern satellites and spacecraft. Our thrusters will be used in Low Earth Orbit, Medium Earth orbit, Geostationary Orbit, Lunar missions, and beyond. We are looking for an electrical engineer to join our fast paced electronics team — power electronics design experience is strongly preferred.
At Apollo Fusion, you will work at the cutting edge of complex electrical systems which function in unforgiving environments. The environment is fast moving but precise. The team is bright and motivated.
- Design of power electronics systems — DC/DC converters and load switches
- Design of accurate telemetry and analog circuits
- Evaluation of embedded systems and applications by designing and conducting test programs; debugging existing embedded systems and applying knowledge of power electronics.
- Application of customer requirements and NASA / ECSS standards to designs, materials selection, and test.
- Assuring product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Preparing accurate and detailed reports on designs and systems — it’s not a good circuit if you can’t build it again.
- BS or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field, with a 3-5 years experience. Alternatively, 10 years experience on the job.
- Expertise in PCB design, ideally using Altium
- Solid Power Electronics (>300W, >100V) experience.
- Experience designing sensor systems and anayzing errors.
- Strong bench testing skills. Must be good with an oscilloscope and soldering iron, and be willing and able to test and debug your own hardware designs.
- Must be good at sharing information, communication, and writing reports/findings — a circuit is only good if you can make it the same way twice.
- Embedded firmware programming using C/C++ and GCC
- Test software and data analysis using Python
- Digital and mixed signal design (processor based systems)
- Discrete transistor (BJT/MOSFET) circuit design
- Experience with design for radiation environments
- You know when it’s time to be scrappy and get things done, and you know when it’s time to follow the rules.
- You have at least one book by Jim Williams, Bob Pease, Bonnie Baker, or Horowitz and Hill on your bookshelf.