Apollo Fusion is designing and manufacturing electric propulsion systems for modern satellites and spacecraft. Our thrusters will be used in Low Earth Orbit, Medium Earth orbit, Geostationary Orbit, Lunar missions, and beyond. We are looking for an electrical engineering technician to join our fast paced electronics team.
At Apollo Fusion, you will work with a high-performance team at the cutting edge of complex electrical systems which function in unforgiving environments. You will work with system owners, firmware developers, test engineers, and other technicians to bring designs to life. Problems will happen, and you will analyze, repair, and understand them to improve our product and iterate quickly.
- You will fabricate and assemble test fixtures from CAD and drawings
- You will build and troubleshoot SMT printed circuit board assemblies at the component level
- You will fabricate and pin out wiring harnesses from schematics
- You will troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues
- You will assemble electro-mechanical systems and test fixtures
- You will perform tests on hardware-in-the-loop electrical systems
- You will work with test requesters to assure successful performance evaluations
- AA or higher in electrical/electronics technology, and/or equivalent with 3-5 yrs experience
- SMT assembly and repair experience
- Experience assembling and testing electro-mechanical systems
- Experience reading schematics and assembling or repairing wiring harnesses
- Experience with bench test equipment (Digital Multimeters, Power Supplies, Oscilloscopes, current/voltage probes, etc)
- Familiarity with environmental testing (thermal, dynamics)
- Ability to write up findings in a clear format
- Self guidance and the ability to extrapolate from test results and design new tests
- Experience soldering to J-STD-001S or equivalent standards
- The desire and willingness to suggest design improvements based on test results, and to take ownership of your work — these will be YOUR circuits going to space!