Appspace is the leading software platform for the modern workplace. With offices in the US, UK, UAE, Malaysia, and Australia, plus remote experts in a dozen additional countries, we provide global support to over 600 customers that trust us to help them communicate with their employees and guests. Oh, we also love ping-pong.
As the Senior QA Test Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for test automation to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of test coverage for Appspace product suites. This is achieved through designing, developing, and maintaining test automation.
- To contribute and work with a small team of QA Test Automation Engineers to design, develop and maintain test automation frameworks, test automation test suites, and test harnesses.
- Mastery of test automation domain.
- Reduce technical debt by analyzing test automation codes and enhancing the same by code refactoring.
- Participate in consultation with the QA Test Automation team members and project team in estimating effort for test automation assignments.
- Work closely with the QA Manager and Management to implement QA Test Automation strategies, and to work in initiatives that improve processes and/or procedures that contribute to performance effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Provide technical support and guidance in test automation for the projects team you work on to ensure successful delivery of the same.
- Management of in-house testing tools and associated source code.
- Champion test automation best practices and processes.
- Communicate work progress and all (work-related) pertinent information in an accurate and timely manner to the Management.
- At least 5 years of working experience in an agile software development environment and experience in a senior position is an advantage.
- Proven hands-on experience in test automation frameworks and tools.
- Experience in back-end (API level) and front-end (UI) test automation.
- Familiar with continuous integration, build and deployment practices, and tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization skills – Ability to handle a dynamic environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own time.
- Positive and professional approach at all times.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Initiative and ability to demonstrate a pro-active approach to tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
*Open to Malaysian and foreigners who are currently working and residing in Malaysia.
*Those currently in development and interested to change field into Test Automation are welcome to apply.