Building laser communication and AI systems to support the world's data needs and remote missions
About Archangel Lightworks:
Archangel Lightworks is a start-up specialised in space laser communications based in Harwell Space Campus, Oxfordshire. Our mission is to 100x the data volume downloadable from orbit to meet the demand from the growing satellites market, especially smallsats. This project will be developed directly with the European Space Agency.
We’re proud to have won several international awards for our work. We’ll provide you a high-paced, challenging and fulfilling environment to further your career, empowering you to help you shine in your role.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate engineer to support us in test development, integration, and assembly to push themselves to solve challenging problems in a friendly, cutting edge technology company.
Working on high performance free space optical communication terminals the ideal candidate is confident in taking responsibility for their area, has a logical and structured approach to problem solving and can communicate complex technical topics effectively. Needs to have hands on experience with ECSS processes for testing, ideally some experience also with testing in Aviation.
What will you be responsible for?
You will be responsible for:
- Definition of test cases, test design, development of test specification and test procedure for qualification and verification tests, in close corporation with the specialist systems engineer.
- Support assembly of optical test setup
- Assembly / integration of mechanical, electrical, or optical subsystems.
- Assembly / integration of test setups for the various test campaigns
- Support of preparation of inputs for TRR, NCR, PTR meetings
- Performance of tests in test campaigns
What skills do you need to have?
- Hands on experience in integration of electrical / optical components into space relevant systems
- Hands on experience of test design, test case definition, validation and verification experience for functional, performance and lab/breadboard tests
- Experience with ECSS standards
- Systems engineering knowledge with extensive test knowledge
What skills would be great to have?
- Experience with testing in aviation
- Experience with agile approaches in development and testing
- Experience also in safety relevant designs and safety relevant testing.
- Experience with operation and testing with lasers, laser safety
- Clean room experience
- Background in aerospace, aviation or physics (Msc preferred)
What you’ll get in return:
- An opportunity to make a measurable difference in a small company with big ambitions
- Flexibility: Options for flexible working hours, working from home and custom arrangements that matter to you
- A technology-centric culture that understands engineers
- Location: Work can be conducted partially remotely. Any test/measurement work cannot be conducted remotely.