Unlocking the value of deployable autonomous technology
Are you a Machine Learning engineer with experience in deep learning and interested in working on cutting edge computer vision algorithms?
We have an exciting role available where you will join our team to solve autonomous navigation in challenging environments without reliable GPS signals to protect lives in military and civilian use cases. You will be working with a team of engineers to develop the hardware and software to allow drones to navigate using visual information. You will be responsible for researching, developing, and deploying novel computer vision algorithms for autonomous navigation. As our work is highly knowledge driven you will spend a lot of time being trained in and pioneering the use of novel deep learning frameworks, cloud computing, and 3D simulation to be able to handle the large volumes of data and deliver world-leading technology to our customers.
Day-to-day tasks you work on might include:
- Researching, designing, and implementing novel machine learning and computer vision solutions to assist autonomous navigation
- Exploring the latest and greatest in computer vision algorithms from scientific literature and conference publications
- Running 3-D Simulations to evaluate and improve performance of visual navigation algorithms
- Live flight trials, testing of your algorithms and analysing data to make improvement
What do you need to have?
- Excellent Python coding skills
- Excellent skills in deep learning (CNN training, testing, evaluation and deployment)
- Proficient with multiple machine vision / machine learning frameworks (PyTorch , Tensorflow, OpenCV, Kornia, TensorRT, etc.) with a portfolio of development examples
You don’t need these to apply, but if you do, highlight them to help your application stand out:
- Experience with computer vision tasks like object recognition, semantic segmentation
- Experience developing AI / ML solutions for robotics platforms using ROS
- Navigation and positioning/ camera pose estimation algorithms eg. visual odometry, SLAM
- Experience deploying deep learning models to edge hardware
- Experience developing scalable machine learning pipelines in the cloud
- Solid understanding of conventional computer vision techniques
- Experience with robotics simulation platforms
- Familiarity with automation and DevOps (Docker, CI/CD)
- Software development using C++
- Location: Hybrid. Most of the software development can be done remotely. Occasional visits to the office in Harwell for collaboration might be required.
- Security checks: You will need access to government restricted info to do the work, so you will need to pass basic security and background checks. Eligibility and willingness for future full security clearance would be beneficial.
What you’ll get in return:
- Merit-based compensation (salary, bonuses, shares options scheme)
- Training & development programs (e.g., drone pilot training)
- The ability to make a measurable difference in a small company building cutting edge technology with big visions
- Flexibile work: Options for flexible working hours, working from home (when feasible) and custom arrangements that matter to you
- A culture of supportive team and high ownership so you can get as much responsibility as you are willing to take on
- A variety of perks: Gym discounts, cinema half price, free phone insurance, shopping, and supermarket discounts plus many more!
- If you are not interested yourself, but know someone who do and are available, we’re offering a £2k bonus for any successful referral at https://archangelgroup.breezy.hr/team/portal !
About Archangel Imaging:
Archangel Imaging is a UK AI startup transforming the way we protect people, lives and environments in difficult locations from dangers and disasters.
Our team have a track record of delivering novel award-winning technology for high-profile organisations including Network Rail, Ministry of Defence as well as overseas wildlife-conservation parks. We have a world-class team with a forward-thinking culture too. Our leadership team have decades of technical leadership experience in aerospace & embedded engineering, having worked at Airbus, Qinetiq, British Army, Nokia, Thales. Many of our team also graduated from world-leading universities, including Oxford University, and we are part of selective communities like TechNation, Creative Destruction Lab and Oxford Foundry.
Our journey started with a belief that the world’s most challenging problems will be solved by humans and smart machines working together. Since then, we have been augmenting machines to be smarter, more resilient and collaborative. We’re on a winning streak and are looking for more great people to help us build that future together with our team of fun and supportive innovators, leaders, and owners.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace